|ASSOCIATION FOR SUPPORTING REFUGEES’ SETTLEMENT IN KANAGAWA|
About Us Our Activities
The association is to assist the refugee settlers from Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and other countries who are living in Kanagawa Prefecture and its neighborhood, on voluntary and nonprofit bases with no bias of politics, religions and ideas.
(1) Organizes and coordinates Japanese language classes for refugee settlers.
(2) Organizes a seminar for Japanese language teaching volunteers.
(3) Provides consultations for refugee settlers.
(4) Organizes cultural exchange programs of refugee settlers.
(5) Publishes newsletters.
(6) Introduces personnel such as lecturers, translators and interpreters.
OFFICE ADDRESS: 1784-10 Kamiwada, Yamato City,Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
MEMBERSHIP: Full members 230, Supporting members 110
AWARDS: Prime Minister Award October 1995
Minister of Foreign Affairs Award July 1993
OUR ACTIVITIES IN DETAIL